Get involved with Charities
Please look up the individual's email or phone by logging into Realm - or email Missions@St-Margarets.org. Contact the office if you would like a Realm account.
- Be a Helping Hands Tutor at Broadneck Elementary - Provide in-classroom tutoring assistance in math or reading skills to k-3rd grade Broadneck Elementary School children. Helping Hands was a finalist in the Anne Arundel County Public Schools 2020 Partners of the Year. No particular skill is needed, just a willingness to share your time and energy for 1-hour per week. Contact Helping Hands Coordinator: Fran Becker.
- Teach Citizenship Classes - In partnership with Centro de Ayuda (Center of Help), St. Margarets parishioners provides citizenship classes, including materials, to help immigrants pass the citizenship test. Since 2018, we have taught over 90 students with over 30 becoming new citizens. Contact: Robert Thomas
- Help Out During Winter Relief - For one week each year, St. Margarets partners with Arundel House of Hope to provide evening shelter and meals for homeless men and women in Anne Arundel County. Volunteers are needed to prepare meals, assist with showers, drive to/from work and many other services. Contact: Casey Pingle
- Prepare Meals for the Light House Shelter - The Light House currently provides dinners year round for 50 community members in need. St. Margaret’s parishioners provide and prepare that meal one night a month. For now, the work involves planning, purchasing and preparing the meal offsite and delivering it to Light House. It is a great activity to share with friends, relatives or groups of which you are a part. Please consider signing up for one or more of the available dates. Contact: Janet Allen, Light House Dinner Coordinator.
- Donate Pantry Items to the Light House Shelter - Please drop off needed food and other items in the designated area under the window in the Narthex. Contact: Pam Roth, SMC's Light House Donation Coordinator.
- Donate or Help with Distribution for My Brothers Pantry - St. Margarets is one of several churches that collect and distribute food weekly to approximately 130 local families. Food donations and hand-on help distributing the items are needed for two weekends per year. Contact: Russell Jackson.
- Grants and Missions Commission Committee and Liaisons are needed to distribute endownment funds to worth causes.