St. Margaret's uses Realm software to facilitate connecting with each other. In Realm, you can find the contact info of other parishioners, sign up to serve on Sunday and obtain your giving history for tax filing. If you do not yet have a Realm account, please request one at email@example.com
Within your Realm Profile, there are six numbered questions that will help us know you and serve you better. The software does not allow for any explanation of these questions so here it is below. Please fill these out in your Realm Profile.
1. Conversation & Cuisine: Would you be interested in participating in small social gatherings outside of St. Margaret's that involve food? (check all of interest)
- Home Hosts: A group of up to eight adults take turns hosting a meal in their home (total of 4x per year)
- Dinner Out: A group of up to eight people go to a local restaurant together. Separate checks (total of 4x per year)
- Families Together: A group of up to four families get together four times per year, either hosting or going out, with children included. Adults without young children who enjoy social events with children are welcome to participate.
- Not interested in participating in any of these types of social gatherings.
2. Serving Others: As an active and vibrant church, many volunteers are needed to offer all of our programs and services. How much time would you be willing to spend as a volunteer on church-sponsored activities? (check one)
- 0 hours
- 1-11 hours per year
- 1-3 hours per month
- 1-4 hours per week
- 5-19 hours per week
- 20+ hours per week
3. Areas of Interest: Identifying your interests is essential to making Realm work as designed. If you were to deepen your involvement with St. Margaret’s, what areas interest you?
- Completing the checklist of interest areas is essential to making this tool work as designed.
- The purpose of this additional question is to provide a place for you to note any other areas of special interest.
Here is a description of the checklist of interest areas which were customized specifically for St. Margaret's (check all of interest):
- Serving on Sunday
- Worship volunteer, coffee hour, etc.
- Working with St. Margaret’s children and youth
- Sunday school, youth group, vacation bible school, etc.
- Hands-on Outreach - Physical
- Directly serving folks in need by picking-up/delivering food & furniture, etc. (may include moderate physical activity)
- Hands-on Outreach - Charitable
- Directly serving folks in need targeting homeless, poor, refugees, disenfranchised populations, etc.
- Faith & Fellowship activities
- Monday dinner, Education for Ministry (EFM), Woman’s Guild, PRIDE parade, TRR events, masquerade ball, etc.
- Music ministry
- Children & Adult Choir, Bells, 3rd Sunday Band, etc.
- Admin and Lay Leadership
- Vestry, strategic planning, leading teams, missions & grants, office/clerical support, room set-up/break-down, grounds maintenance, etc.
4. Skills and Talents: Identifying your skills is also essential to making Realm work as designed. Please include any skill sets and experience you would be willing to share. What is your professional background (please note if you are retired)? Are you comfortable leading others?
- Completing the checklist of skills is essential to making this tool work as designed.
- The purpose of this additional question is to provide a place for you to better describe any skills and talents you might be willing to share.
Here is a description of the skills checklist provided in Realm (check all that apply):
5. Faith Journey: St. Margaret’s prides itself on being a welcoming church comprised of individuals from many faith backgrounds. Where are you on your spiritual journey and how can St. Margaret’s support this?
6. Charitable Activities: St. Margaret’s desires to support causes and nonprofits that are important to our parishioners through both grants and volunteer recruitment. Our priorities are:
- Endow the poor and hungry with the means to feed, shelter, and clothe themselves,
- Restore the ill to health and heal the broken,
- Promote, preserve, and sustain environmental health,
- Improve access to educational opportunities,
- Implement trust, enable reconciliation or confront structural racism & inequality.
Thank you for helping make St. Margaret's a warm and welcoming church that strives to transform lives by the grace of God.